Say Swedish Lapland and images of a pristine mountain landscape, northern lights, arctic wildlife, the living Sami culture and dog sledding soon come to mind. This tour brings it all to life! Our 8 day all-inclusive northern lights photo tour in Lapland is our most exclusive package and is suitable for photographers of all levels. The tour is led by professional photographer Peter Rosén and one of the best known landscape photographer in Australia David Evans. Peter is the photographer behind the books Aurora Borealis in Lapland and Midnight Sun over Swedish Lapland and has more than 20 years of experience in professional photography. All previous participants on our all inclusive tours over the past 8 years have seen and captured the Aurora in beautiful environments (75 groups). We are also happy to be the best rated aurora tour provider in Sweden and winner of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award 2014-2019.
Highlights of this tour:
- Aurora and night photographing every night with professional photographer Peter Rosén and David Evans.
- Dog sledding, reindeer sledding, day visit to the ICEHOTEL, day visit to the Norwegian fjords, moose, landscape and astro photographing are all part of this tour.
- Maximum 9 participants and two professional photographers as your guides for a genuine experience.
- Access to a AWD minibus, AWD Volvo and a snow mobile during your entire stay to increase our flexibility and chances to see the Aurora.
- All camera equipment and warm clothes included.
- Accommodation in two different locations. Both places has been chosen so you can see and photograph the Aurora from your lodge/hotel.
- Avoid the crowds. We visit locations most travellers do not find.
Nature, culture and photo guiding
Your main guide will be professional photographer Peter Rosén. His background is as a biologist and associate professor in environmental science but work now as a full time photographer. Peter and David offers you an in-depth photo course on how to capture the aurora, stars, galaxies, Sámi culture, wildlife and the spellbinding midwinter landscape in the best possible way. Peter will also bring you the full story behind your beautiful images! The history of the breath taking nature and exciting culture of Lapland is an essential part of every tour. Your Sami guide will tell you about the Sami culture that is an integral part of this region, the fascinating science behind the northern lights, the unique ecosystem you are in and how it has been shaped by natural forces over the millennia. The animals and vegetation are specialized to survive this climate, from the lichens clinging to rocks up to the majestic moose. Every photo you shoot captures some aspect of Lapland culture, science and history.
We have the photo equipment for you
The tour is part of the Canon Photography School and thanks to Canon and Manfrotto, we can offer amarteur and professional SLR cameras, lenses (14-500mm), tripods, an astro star tracker and ditogear motorized time lapse rail – at no additional cost.